Sunday, February 19, 2012

MUET 800/2 Speaking Test - March 2012

The MUET Speaking Test (800/2) for the March 2012 session will start tomorrow (Monday) 20 March 2012.  We would like to wish all candidates the very best of luck.  Please do not panic.  Keep your cool.  For those who have worked hard for it then you should be well prepared for your day of reckoning.  As for those could not prepare due to constraints such as occupational commitments or some other reasonable premises, being panicky and jumping up and down will not help at all.  Just be calm and just do it.  Come what may.  If you can keep your calm then you have ditched half of your troubles.

MUET March 2012 Speaking Test Dates

For your information, the March 2012 MUET Speaking (800/2) Tests will be held on the 20, 21, 22, 23 (February) and further continued on the 27 & 28 February 2012.  All together six (6) days. Readers can click here to read for some tips on how to go about doing the speaking test.  

Want Some Speaking Guidelines and Pointers?

And, readers can also go here to get more pointers about doing the speaking test.  This old posting can give you some more guidelines in the Speaking Tests.  This link here (yes, click here!) sort of collate and collect all the postings on Speaking (in this blog).  There could be repetitions or overlapping of pointers and guidelines, sorry about that.  I hope you would bear with me (Thank you!).

If you need help (about your MUET centres, your exam slips, etc.) then you should contact the nearest Department of Education or the District Department of Education (Pejabat Pelajaran Daerah - PPD)

Lest You Forget

Please do not forget to bring along your examination slips, your ICs, pens and pencils.  Please take good care of your cell phones.

If you take along your cell phones to the tests, you will have to surrender your cell phones to the chief examiner for safe keeping until the test is over.  They might be the ones who take you cell phones temporarily but in no way they can be held responsible for the safety of your cell phones.  Taking cell phones for safekeeping is their job as it is required under the MUET Speaking Test standard procedures.  It is a measure to stop candidates from communicating with the outside world (while they do the Speaking Test).  The Quarantine is also a standard procedure.  Keeping the discipline in the quarantine room procedures is also a standard procedure!  Of course - keep the peace.  This is serious business.

All the best to you and I wish that you all succeed with flying colours.

34 comments:

  1. Hope i can do it,speak naturally but im so nervous only a few hours from now to meet MUET:D
    wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you've done it well. Sorry for the late reply. Somehow I'd missed your comment. Sorry about that. You know what if I'd seen your comment earlier? I would have wished you the VERY BEST OF LUCK! I hope that, luck had been very generous to you!

      Delete
    2. Alhamdulillah for the speaking test last week before,when i look back that questions speaking test given it was so easy,but i do not know what i got for my marks,because from task A i was so nervous and i did not given any idea just give two point which not strong enough and also i not good speak on task A but task B i very confidently and i use all the point given,speak naturally with others candidates,hopefully i got best marks from task B,tomorrow is last papers,so did u have any tips Sir?for reading,writing and listening,what kind topics mostly they given?

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the information given. My test is on 27th and from now on i feel 110% nervous to sit the speaking test. Please wish me luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you the best of luck and I hope you could just calm down. Being 100% nervous would not be good. You still have time to calm down. If you're a Muslim, read whatever ayahs (ayats) from the Qur'aan that you know, pray, do zikir and all that. Try to see the "big picture" of MUET and do it.

      I hope this helps. Never say 'die' before you try!

      Delete
  3. Like Quote: Never say DIE before you Try! :)

    it's good if u we have more reference and knowledge before attend the exam.. Wish u good Luck!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for the advice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou sooooo much for all the useful information!! I'll be sitting for the speaking test tomorrow! (28th february) And i think i still have not made enough preparations :( Just watching speaking tutorials on youtube...WISH ME LUCK! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK.
      All the best to you!
      Just don't panic. Being focused, in terms of self-confidence, helps you to win a big part of the battle.

      Delete
    2. Thankyou for your wise words sir (: I think i did quite well during the speaking test :D Gonna sit for the writing reading n listening test tomorrow...Reading your posts boosts up my confidence!

      Delete
  6. when is the result coming out for march session

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I have some tips regarding reasons why are our local artists are not getting recgnation from the public...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think YOU know better where artists are concerned!

      Delete
  8. im excited but im not ready for my muet this july!!!! please..give me some advise..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Relax. Relaxing can help. You will have to learn to relax.

      Delete
  9. salam sir..
    i'm very2 poor in english.i dont know how to speak and dont know to do something for start to speak.my muet speaking test on 3rd july 2012.have a 1week to left.do you have any tips and advice for me sir?i'm worry about speaking test.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wa'alaikumussalaam,
      Sorry, I've just opened this discussion tonight. Your date was this morning, today (3 July '12). I hope you have done well in the test. All the best to you in your next papers!!!

      Delete
  10. hello sir...my muet speaking coming tomorrow..im very excited and i don't know what to do...im not prepare well for it!!!! but im very confident i can do it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good, as you are confident! Half the battle is already won.

      Delete
  11. salam sir,
    thanks for your guideline
    really need it for tomorrow paper 2

    wish me luck!!
    to others,we can do this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,

    If I forgot about my speaking test date which is supposed to be 4th July, then can I appeal with the MEC to change my speaking test to either 9,10,11 July? Is it possible? I am so sad that I forgot about my test. Hopefully I can get my test day changed. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is possible. Go to the centre where you have to the Speaking Test and negotiate with the chief examiner and see it they can take you in. Usually they can accommodate you, like putting you into one of the groups. You BETTER HURRY, DO IT QUICKLY. If they tell you to appeal to the MPM then you should do it. Good luck!

      Delete
  13. Sir, i will be sitting for muet speaking test tomorrow and do you have any tips on the topic that will come out, please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for this late reply. You might have done it today. I saw your message only today. As for those who are doing it tomorrow and the days after, I would like to tell them to think about everyday things, such as solving many kinds of problem, how to do this and that and what are your opinions on various things. MUET Speaking could be about everyday things such as choosing which is the better job or what is best to do after finishing school

      Delete
  14. hi sir, I would like to ask, what if we suddenly speak one malay word while speaking, like "apa" . how it will effect the marks?what will be the highest mark that we can get??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "apa" as a slip of the tongue. I think there is no problem. Don't do it too often, it can spoil your performance. The highest mark that you can get for Speaking is 45.

      Delete
    2. thank you sir, thinking about it makes me nauseated!luckily it wont give much effect,fuhh~

      Delete
  15. i will sit the speaking test on tomorrow
    got anybody can post the question of monday and tuesday
    eventhough the question will not repeat
    but i just want to take a look..
    PLEASSS SIR GIVE ME

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I don't have the questions. After the tests - I might have them from someone. By that time your test is over.

      Delete